- 1 Which of the following activities is generally classified as vigorous?
- 2 Which of the following activities is generally classified as aerobic?
- 3 Which of the following physical activities is not aerobic?
- 4 What nutrients Cannot be metabolized for ATP production?
- 5 What are 3 examples of vigorous activity?
- 6 What are the 5 intensity levels?
- 7 What is any physical activity that makes you sweat causes you to breathe harder?
- 8 What is considered strenuous activity?
- 9 What are the four criteria necessary for aerobic activity?
- 10 What are some everyday activities?
- 11 What intensity of activity is best for improving physical fitness?
- 12 What are daily physical activities?
- 13 What vitamin helps with metabolism?
- 14 What food will you take to help delay fatigue?
- 15 What are the 3 sources of energy for the body?
Which of the following activities is generally classified as vigorous?
Vigorous activities require the highest amount of oxygen consumption to complete the activity. Examples of vigorous physical activities include: running (5 mph >), swimming, shoveling, soccer, jumping rope, carrying heavy loads (i.e. bricks).
Which of the following activities is generally classified as aerobic?
In contrast, anaerobic (“without oxygen”) exercise is activity that causes you to be quickly out of breath, like sprinting or lifting a heavy weight. Examples of aerobic exercises include cardio machines, spinning, running, swimming, walking, hiking, aerobics classes, dancing, cross country skiing, and kickboxing.
Which of the following physical activities is not aerobic?
Non aerobic exercise is exercise that is short in duration and does not require oxygen to be accomplished. Examples of non – aerobic exercise include weight lifting, running 100 meters, or climbing a flight of stairs.
What nutrients Cannot be metabolized for ATP production?
Some essential nutrients are required for cellular function but cannot be produced by the animal body. These include vitamins, minerals, some fatty acids, and some amino acids.
What are 3 examples of vigorous activity?
Examples of vigorous activities:
- jogging or running.
- swimming fast.
- riding a bike fast or on hills.
- walking up the stairs.
- sports, like football, rugby, netball and hockey.
- skipping rope.
What are the 5 intensity levels?
All activities, based on intensity, can be placed into the five categories of the Five for Life Activity Diamond, a tool used to distinguish intensity levels during physical activity. The five categories are Media/Seat, Daily Activity, Base, Heart Health and Max.
What is any physical activity that makes you sweat causes you to breathe harder?
Aerobic Exercise is any physical activity that makes you sweat, causes you to breathe harder, and gets your heart beating faster than at rest. It strengthens your heart and lungs and trains your cardiovascular system to manage and deliver oxygen more quickly and efficiently throughout your body.
What is considered strenuous activity?
Strenuous activities included swimming laps, aerobics, calisthenics, running, jogging, basketball, cycling on hills, and racquetball. Moderate exercises included brisk walking, golf, volleyball, cycling on level streets, recreational tennis, and softball.
What are the four criteria necessary for aerobic activity?
The dosage of aerobic exercise is a function of the frequency (F), intensity (I) and duration (time, T) of the exercise performed. In combination with the type (T) of exercise performed, these factors constitute the basic components of the core principle of exercise prescription (the FITT principle).
What are some everyday activities?
5 Activities You Can Count as Exercise
- Yard Work.
- Playing With Kids.
What intensity of activity is best for improving physical fitness?
- should do at least 150–300 minutes of moderate- intensity aerobic physical activity;
- or at least 75–150 minutes of vigorous- intensity aerobic physical activity; or an equivalent combination of moderate- and vigorous- intensity activity throughout the week.
What are daily physical activities?
- Brisk walking.
- Bicycle riding.
- Martial arts such as karate or tae kwon do (can be vigorous too)
What vitamin helps with metabolism?
Supplements to increase metabolism B-complex vitamins: These help metabolize carbohydrates, fats, and proteins, activating stored energy instead of letting it turn to fat. Niacin, vitamin B-6, and iron: This impressive trio increases your body’s production of the amino acid L-carnitine to help burn fat.
What food will you take to help delay fatigue?
This will keep your body fueled regularly and may even help you lose weight.
- Unprocessed foods.
- Fresh, seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- Non-caffeinated beverages.
- Lean proteins.
- Whole grains and complex carbs.
- Nuts and seeds.
- Vitamins and supplements.
What are the 3 sources of energy for the body?
Humans obtain energy from three classes of fuel molecules: carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins.